produced by impro.per.arts
photo by anna rozkosny
20 – 24 October 2014 | 12 – 17 h | Mime Centrum Berlin
Language is a body experience. Words are not purely mental constructs but actual visceral experiences.
Once you discover this your improvisations change. You are no longer limited by what you think you should say or believe should be said.
The physical sensation of each word, vowel and consonant on the tongue, teeth, in the mouth and breath leads the improvisation. Awareness of these sensations become the driving force for the words. Thought and imagination are assistants on the path of language, not the directors.
Come join this discovery! Play with your body, mouth and mind!
Bring notebooks and pens, comfortable clothing so you can freely move about.
Specifically, you will how to
• use rhythm as the driver for text production
• allow association(s) to add quirky, exciting details
• zoom in and zoom out from an image as a tool for expanding story
• use not knowing what to say as an opportunity
• pause so imagination instead of obligation fills the space
• listen to the traffic at the crossroads of alliteration, internal rhyme and mood
has worked for over 25 years with Ruth Zaporah, the developer of the improvisational performance training process Action Theater™. Sten’s workshops and performances have garnered wide respect and critical acclaim throughout the USA and Europe. His high-energy trainings articulate and promote the development of stronger performance skills.
Time: 20-24 October 2014 | 12-17:00
Workshop Performance Friday 24 October 20 h
MIME Centrum Berllin | Studio 2
10997 Berlin Kreuzberg